Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

A rainy day

I was waiting for the rains for about 8 months now and finally it rained today. Just when I had washed a load of jeans and bed spreads. Still, love it.
I just love the moment when the sweet smell of the wet earth first hits the nose and clicks the brain... :)
I walk outside to see if it's raining and yes, it is.
Standing on my balcony I lean on the wall with my eyes closed and let the rain soak my face. Oooh, the cool drops feels like its straight form heaven. All I can hear is the pitter patter of the rain drops hitting the concrete below.
Sometimes I wish I had never moved to the city. My days in the village were filled with so many happy moments. I love the feeling of squishing the mud with my toes when the rain drenches every part of my skin. I could hear the frogs sing. I enjoyed runing out in the rain for "sip-ups". Making boats and 'ships' were the major pass time, when ma is making a hot cup of coffee specially for me. Laying well tucked in on the bed with all the windows and doors open :D
As soon as it started it stopped, making me wonder if it was a dream.

No comments: